[nagdu] is this normal?

Stephanie Mitchell naturelovingmom at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:46:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I just need to know if what I'm feeling is normal? I go for
training in just under a month, and last night it really seemed
to hit that soon, I won't be using my cane much and that I will
have a dog.  And I found myself getting quite emotional about it
all...
I mean, I'd used a cane for 30 years, and am wondering how I'm
meant to suddenly trust a dog and know where I'm going with no
land marks etc? I know it'll be fine but somehow I almost feel
like I'm going through some sort of strange grieving process.
And I'd never had a dog before, and even though I know they will
teach me all I need to know, I just find myself wondering if I'm
going to be cut out for the job at hand.
Anyway, I guess I just need reassurance that I'm not going crazy.
Steph