[nagdu] crates?

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Fri Jul 5 19:31:38 UTC 2013

Hi Julie,
I've encountered people who think a crate is a prison.  I think most people
are completely unaware that a dog is a denning animal.  The crate becomes
it's den.  Landon has a soft one with  plastic mesh zippered door and I use
this instead of the bed chain.  I close the door on it at night to keep
Landon from finding trouble at night or having an accident on the carpets at
night.

During the day, the door stays open and Landon goes in there for a nap
sometimes - especially when he sees me start to put away my clean laundry
and he knows he's to be out of the way as I go from bed to closet or bed to
dresser as I put the clothes away.  He loves the nice, soft, thick mattress
I have in the crate for him.  In the livingroom, I have a piece of carpeting
I keep in there to keep the wall-to-wall carpeting clean from his skin oils.

You're right, the dogs see the crate as their  own personal space!

Lyn and Landon

"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown