[nagdu] Private guide dog trainer wanted

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat Jul 6 22:53:42 UTC 2013

Ben,

Hey! Welcome to the wild side! I'm working my 7-year-old owner-trained
poodle guide, who is also my first guide. There are several other
owner-trainers on this list, from whom I've learned a lot! It's not a
choice for everyone, but it can be done and is highly rewarding for
those who take to it. A lot of work, as you say, unless you enjoy that
sort of thing enough to consider it just a lot of good, clean -- and
exhausting! -- fun. /smile/

Doug Weil is a former guide dog instructor who has been doing some work
with owner-trainers, I think. We just got back from a vacation, and I
can't remember where I stashed his e-mail address. If nobody else has it
for you, I'll look it up and get to you off list. If I don't, feel free
to remind me off list! /smile/

Tami