[nagdu] German shepherds and cats

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jul 14 15:27:11 UTC 2013

I respectfully disagree.  In the past, Fidelco has put out some shepherds
with a high prey drive.
Also, my labrador Echo had some prey drive.  I had to work on her when I
first got her to make her not get so excited about squirrels or cats.  I
broke her of chasing squirrels, at least in harness, but she would still
sometimes chase or bark at my parents' cat.  I don't think she wanted to eat
it, but she did enjoy chasing it.
But, if Kathy mentions the cats to the school she chooses, it shouldn't be a
problem.  I don't have cats, so I didn't say anything about them when I got
Echo.
Also, TSE doesn't seem to have any problem giving anyone a shepherd, if they
feel it's the best match, first-timer or not.
Tracy