[nagdu] Owning a guide while allergic to dogs

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Wed Jun 19 23:16:39 UTC 2013

Noah,

As you may already be aware, Poodles are no longer the preferred choice for
persons with allergies, as they are not hypo-allergenic as previously
thought.  This basically means that poodles are equally subjected to dander.
Most dog guide handlers significantly reduce dander by simply
brushing/grooming daily.  However, the good side is that a number of
schools, now test both the dogs and students and match accordingly.  Many
breeds, including the ones you have mentioned, are determined to have less
allergies for their human handler, and in fact, very minimal.  However, the
key to keeping one's dog's dander controlled, is again daily grooming.

Hope this is helpful.  You may want to contact TSE to inquire if they do
this or not.

Steve