[nagdu] Update: Training Programs at NAGDU Meeting

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 01:58:20 UTC 2013

I didn't know schools told people not to bring their dogs to
convention.  My school has never had a problem with it.

I know dog users who don't bring their dogs to convention.  Most of
them don't bring their dogs because of personal preference, not
because their dogs couldn't handle it, but there are those whose dogs
don't do so well at convention.  Some older dogs who have never been
taken to a convention may not do as well, for example.

I also have heard that it's not fair to our dogs to take them to a
convention, which is silly because my dog loves convention and works
well there.  So yes, people will say all kinds of things if they don't
agree with what you're doing.

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National