[nagdu] Question about College Campuses

Tai Blas taiablas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:16:52 UTC 2013

Dear Lizzy:

Title III of the ADA covers private colleges and vocational schools. If a
school receives federal dollars regardless of whether it is private or
public it is also covered by the regulations of Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act requiring schools to make their programs accessible to
qualified students with disabilities. Therefore, it is illegal for private
colleges to deny access to service animals. You can reference Title III of
the ADA as well as Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. I hope this helps.
If you need additional information, feel free to reply.

Best,

Tai