[nagdu] US Air

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Nov 17 23:12:16 UTC 2013

Just to throw in my two cents, this is what I think, but it is only my
opinion, .
Any company that provides services where there is direct interaction with
customers has an obligation to try to ensure that employees conduct them
selves in an appropriate manner when interacting with customers. No, it is
not possible to control the every action of employees, but there can be
training on what is considered appropriate and inappropriate behavior, and
then there can be consequences for not following that training.
We are still people, and our dogs are not robots or luggage. We cannot
*make* them do something, and they cannot be pushed and shoved around as
though they were luggage.
I also do not necessarily think that the letter of apology from the company
is really of any significance. It is the company, not the person who
actually did it, saying sorry. Although this does not necessarily hold,
consider if someone's child did something rude or mean, and the person said
that he/she was sorry for his/her child's action, but then did not do
anything to explain to the child not to do it again.
Finally, I do not care for the practice of giving vouchers, discounts, or
any form of financial gift as compensation in these situations. Giving
someone a certain amount off of his/her next one or two flights is not going
to fix the problem. One time, when my mother and I were about to board the
plane, a lady called us over to the counter and started firing half a
million questions at us about Lexia, including wanting to see her rabies
certificate. When my mother called to complain later, they kept offering her
a $100 voucher for each of us. My mother told them that she did not want
that; what she wanted was to make sure that the next person with a guide dog
did not have the same problem.

Nicole and Lexia