[nagdu] walking guide dogs?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 05:41:49 UTC 2013

I never walk Brie outside without the harness.  I park her on leash,
but we don't walk around at those times.  I do tend to walk her around
buildings without her harness on though.  At my undergrad, we used to
do this a lot.  She always behaved herself and knew better than to
sniff.  I am sort of over controled about letting my dog sniff though
because she has a history of having a bad stomach, and if she picks up
something and then throws up, both of us would not be happy.

It really does depend on the dog.  I do let my mother give her walks,
but most other people don't like giving her walks because she tries to
pull them and gets out of hand.  She really is a hard headed dog that
likes to test others.  :)

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/herekittykat2%40gma

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National