[nagdu] Cold weather

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 27 18:23:50 UTC 2013

Speaking of salt and brine on dogs' feet, my second dog, Gerry [worked
1984-1994, Seeing Eye], he had many problems with it. My other 3, a German
shepherd and two goldens, did OK.

Gerry liked to chew on his feet, which his trainer could not break him of.
We went into Boston for a weekend mid-winter and he suffered from the salt
and brine. To get relief, I would take him into a public restroom, flush the
hopper twice to clean it, and then put one foot in while I flushed again.
This helped us get thru the weekend, and when we got home I bought him a set
of doggie boots. Back then, Seeing Eye did not include them in the kit.

Ed Meskys