[nagdu] Cold weather

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 19:05:56 UTC 2013

Personally, I hate the boots that the schools give out. It would be
nice to have booties that are more glove-like rather than shoe-like.
Also, the Golden Guy's dew claws were injured because of the booties,
so I will not use the clunky one's unless the pavement is unbearable.
Right now, I just have waterproof booties, which are thin and made of
latex. I'm not sure how well they protect against temperature, but
they cover his entire paw without enclosing the dew claw, and they
protect him from the salt and brine.

On 11/27/13, Ed Meskys <edmeskys at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> Speaking of salt and brine on dogs' feet, my second dog, Gerry [worked
> 1984-1994, Seeing Eye], he had many problems with it. My other 3, a German
> shepherd and two goldens, did OK.
>
> Gerry liked to chew on his feet, which his trainer could not break him of.
> We went into Boston for a weekend mid-winter and he suffered from the salt
> and brine. To get relief, I would take him into a public restroom, flush the
>
> hopper twice to clean it, and then put one foot in while I flushed again.
> This helped us get thru the weekend, and when we got home I bought him a set
>
> of doggie boots. Back then, Seeing Eye did not include them in the kit.
>
> Ed Meskys

Raven