[nagdu] Scavenging and Sniffing

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Oct 10 12:17:02 UTC 2013

It was my impression that GDB spends a lot of time working on food
distractions, which made sense to me, since they use food rewards and would
want the dog not to be distracted by other food.  But I see some GDB
graduates saying they're having trouble with scavenging, so am I wrong about
GDB spending a lot of time on it?
Not blaming anyone; just trying to have an accurate picture in my head.  My
Seeing Eye dog Benny can be quite the crumb hunter, under some
circumstances. TSE didn't spend any time on food distractions, at least not
in my class.
Tracy