[nagdu] Dogs detachment

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Oct 25 12:58:16 UTC 2013

Hi Bobette.
I think you just need to give him time.  Some dogs fall in love at first
sight; others need time to get to know you.
My Ben is a very quiet, self-contained guy.  He doesn't follow me around
most of the time.  He doesn't wag his tail like a maniac most of the time.
His love is quiet, but strong. Now we're very attached, but it took at least
a year for things to really start to gel for us.
Relax.  Be patient.  You just met the dog, really.  A couple months is not
really very long.  I'm sure he'll be more connected to you as time goes on.
Tracy