[nagdu] training methods of schools

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 11:33:11 UTC 2013

Guide Dog Foundation teaches a combination of all of the above, depending on the handler, dog, and situation. We use corrections to regain our dogs 'attention. However, treats are used to reinforce new events or locations. Also, my trainer used a clicker to encourage my dog to walk properly while in the gentle leader. When following someone, also, I was taught to have the person I am following snap their fingers if they make a sharp turn. This catches Faye's attention and keeps her focused on the leading person. I think this combination of all of the methods gives me an arsenal of ideas of how to keep her attentive and happy to work.

Sent from my iPhone