[nagdu] Need help

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:10:57 UTC 2014

Good morning, Melissa.

When the dog relieved in your mom's house, was he on leash? Also, how much water had he consumed prior to relieving.

I've gotten all three of my dogs from GDF, and we're told to keep dogs on leash at all times for approximately the first month. After that, the dog has to earn its free time by behaving well. When you take your dog to a new place, I'd suggest keeping him on leash with you until you know he can be trusted to behave well.

As far as cars go, what procedure did you use to get your dog in the car? I was taught to have the dog sit, get into the vehicle, and then call the dog to come in. My dogs have been small enough to sit at my feet in the footwell of the front seat. i know this isn't always possible, due to the size of some dogs. I then reach around, making sure the tail is tucked before closing the door. I discourage other people from closing the door for me, because I want to make sure that tail is safe.

Good luck. Hopefully, your school will get back to you, and give you suggestions that might be more specific to the particular needs of you and your dog.

Shannon and the Acelet