[nagdu] Poodles

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Aug 4 14:27:27 UTC 2014

Hi Amber.
You say you want a poodle so you don't have to deal with hair.  Poodles
don't shed, but they're definitely not low-maintenance.  They need regular
brushing and regular haircuts to keep that beautiful fur from getting
matted, or the dog turning into a big woolly sheep.  I grew up with poodles,
and I remember it taking more than a few minutes to give them a good
brushing, even if I did it every couple days.  It wasn't the quick
brush-and-comb I give my lab that takes about 5 minutes.  Of course, with my
lab, I get enough fur for a new small dog every time I vacuum.
Tracy