[nagdu] Poodles

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Mon Aug 4 16:06:01 UTC 2014

All right, Dan is going to sound unpleasant here, but remember it's my
opinion and no one else's.
When I hear someone say they want a poodle because they don't want to worry
about hair I ask myself do they really want a guide dog.
Dogs need to be taken care of, they need brushing, obedience, play, taking
out, and all that stuff.
Unless you want a dog and feel the advantages will outweigh the
disadvantages then you shouldn't have one.
And I don't criticize you if you don't want a dog, but I have always felt
that those who want this or that breed for reasons other than their style or
work or if they like that breed, for example, maybe would do themselves a
better turn not having a dog.
Honestly telling a school that you will only have a certain breed limits the
choice of dog, especially when it is a less used breed like a poodle...your
goal with getting a guide dog should be to enhance your travel making it
safer, more fun, more efficient and all that good stuff.
In short, do you really want a dog, because dogs have doggie qualities that
twill take work even if it's not a lab--smile.
And by the way, I'm not annoyed at the poodle as such I think they are great
dogs, just want you to examine your motivation.

Dan the curmudgeon