[nagdu] Guide dogs and teacher observations

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:02:04 UTC 2014

I plan on taking her. But I also want to be able to do it and make the kids aren't thrown off track all day. I've been around children with severe disabilities before this not in a teacher observation setting but I've seen how small things can mess up their entire day. I just want to be able to show the kids that it's OK. In my area we have a lot of loose dogs all through eastern Kentucky so you see more kids here weary of dogs. It took my little cousin 2 or 3 weeks to be comfortable with my dog. It actually helped one day I took him with me on a walk with her so he could see what she does. He's 6 so you know how 6 year olds notice everything and are easily entertained so it helped. I don't foresevere a problem with bringing the dog but I want to be ready for every possibility. And I'm assuming ADA applies in this situation but again I don't know because I'm not emloyed. But I'm also dealing with the fact that
i can't take public transportation to the schools and have to ride with another student observer. I am slanning on talking to the persn ofor scheduling the observation hours about pairing me with someone who is willing to have a dog in the car because I know they have every right to ask me not to bring my dog in their car but I'd rather take my dog in to the schools.
Danielle and Willa