[nagdu] Yearly vet visit and Hubby distraction 2.1

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 8 00:11:50 UTC 2014

Hi!

Jenny had her yearly vet checkup. With her new food she has gained a little weight, so I need to cut it back slightly (I've fed her the top recommended amount for her size and weight, so we can trim it down a bit). her teeth, ears, and eyes look good, and I am trimming back on the flea and tic preventatives (switching from Revolution to Advantix, since here we don't need a full-fledged attack on bugs); will also not be giving her Advantix during the winter unless we are traveling somewhere warmer than here!

While she was insanely distracted by all the doggie and kitty smells at the vet's office, I had her in her Halti for a bit more control.  I was perfectly prepared to walk home with Jenny, but at the last minute my husband called and asked if I wanted him to pick us up.

Normally, even when he's in the car, Jenny will run full-tilt toward my husband or our car. I was actually super surprised today!  She walked very calmly toward the car, and only got excited when my hand was on the door handle. This is a HUGE improvement and tells me our hard work is paying off, and she;s understanding it!

So thrilled!

Daryl