[nagdu] Success with clicker training and scrounging!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 28 01:45:49 UTC 2014

Hi, Raven,

Thanks so much for the encouragement!  After I wrote that email, something seems to have clicked with Jenny. I can't even describe it, but overall she seems much more attentive.  Today we walked a total of about a mile (4 blocks to a cafe, 4 blocks back), and she only dove down for something once, at the door of the cafe where they leave out a water bowl for dogs passing by.  She found me an empty seat without snuffling along the floor of the restaurant... on the route back she sniffed at a post but was more than happy to carry on... there's nothing like putting in the time and effort and know it's paying off.

Honestly, though, it isn't that much time at all. Just something quick and fun 1-2 times a day, sometimes less, with lots of love and cuddles.  Heck, right now as we walk I am clicking and praising her for her good work, and am having to click less frequently.

Daryl and Jenny