[nagdu] Teaching Relieving was RE: trouble with relieving

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:08:52 UTC 2014

Hi Deanna, I'm not a GDB grad, I'm a Seeing Eye grad, but the
first few days we don't pick up either.  The reason for that ii
because in the beginning the dogs do not like being touched when
they are relieving.  They don't know us from the man in the moon.
And they aren't used to being in a relieving area.  But trust me,
by the time we left to go home with our dogs, we all knew how to
pick up after them, and to know whether they were doing a number
1 or 2.  (Grin).  That's why the trainers pick up at first.  It's
not for us, it's for the dogs.    Peace,    Debby and Neena