[nagdu] They know the dog is working?

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:32:28 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I tend to have a different spin on things...right or wrong I don't know,
but it has worked pretty well for me nonetheless. I'm going to say what
I'm going to say and if you can take away something from it, feel free.
If not, than ignore it.

I deal with individuals that make comments, distract my puppy and
generally interfere with his work on a daily basis. Education just
doesn't work, and being too blunt generally results in the label of
"asshole". I'm at a point now that if he's not actively guiding, even if
he is in harness, I'll bring him to a sit and allow them to pet him so
long as he doesn't get out of control. It takes slightly more time out
of my day, but it hasn't affected his ability to listen to my commands
as I keep up on obedience and it results in less annoyance and
frustration in my day. This results in less stress for both of us...me
because I just had to deal with a dumb human and him because he's
picking up on my emotion. The end result is that if I go somewhere where
I'm going to be around familiar people, I expect distraction from them,
but I don't so much mind it. He doesn't go crazy anymore begging
attention from anything that moves, and they get their puppy fix. It
inconvenienced by having a couple of extra minutes taken out of my day,
but the end result is that we're both happier and we get to move on with
our day as if nothing happened.

Adios.