[nagdu] Miniature Guide Horses WAS Cincinnati Family withminiature horse service animal, sues city.

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 10:14:18 UTC 2014

Hi, Lori,

People are always surprised when they first see Panda walking down the
street with me or when we enter a public building.  They often ask me
questions or want to take our, or her, picture.  And since most people have
never seen a miniature horse, let alone a miniature horse guide, it does
take them a minute to figure out what she is.

I don't think it is harder to take care of a miniature horse than it is to
take care of a dog.  You have to do mostly the same sorts of things:
feeding, grooming, making sure they have adequate exercise, play, mental
stimulation, and social attention.  You just have to learn a bit about the
needs of horses if you aren't familiar with horses, just as people who
haven't had dogs before have to learn how to take care of their first guide
dog.

Thanks for the questions and for your interest in miniature horse guides.

Best,
Ann