[nagdu] Boiled chicken

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 17:08:07 UTC 2014

Tracy,

Be careful about giving your dog cooked bones. They can splinter and be
hazardous. I have cooked my dog chicken on a George Foreman grill in college
when it was the only option open to me, and I never had a problem. I would
recommend getting the dog boneless chicken Brest, if you are going to cook
them. It's not as important to have the chicken fully cooked for the dog as
it is for us, because dogs can eat raw chicken with no problem. I'd say 5
minutes on the George Foreman grill would be plenty. When I am going to eat
chicken, I always test the internal temperature with a thermometer. I cook
it to it is 160 inside, and when I pull it off, I let it rest on a plate and
the internal temperature should be 165 after a few minutes of resting.

Cooked chicken should last for a week if it's for the dog. For human
leftovers, I stick to the 3 day rule, but this is mostly because the flavor
and texture deteriorates after this point. Besides, dogs are not as
susceptible to all the nasty bugs that make us sick.

    Remember, a George Foreman grill cooks much faster than a skillet. The
cooking time on a George Foreman grill depends on a lot of factors. Mostly
the power of your grill, the temperature setting, and the thickness of the
chicken. So 5 minutes is just an estimate. You can feel the chicken with
your thumb and determine if it's cooked, however I still like to verify with
a thermometer.

Hope this helps,

Mark