[nagdu] Do Dogs Get Lonely?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 24 16:44:41 UTC 2014

I agree with Barb here; whether she misses Pez himself or simply knows that something's different, she is processing it normally.
I can't speak to this with dogs, but two years ago we had a cat disappear. His best friend wandered around the house very sad, sleeping in his spot, being underfoot the way he used to be, and her heart wasn't into playing with my husband and I. She was so overjoyed when he came home!

Whether Holly is lonely because Pez himself is gone or she's picking up on the change in the house, I wouldn't worry abotu her unless there are serious/severe changes or if things continue for a prolonged period.

Daryl