[nagdu] preparing for my first guide dog

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:54:33 UTC 2014

I agree with Tracey.  My first dog is great around people who don't
normally like dogs.  She's gentle and unassuming.  There are some
dogs, like perhaps my current dog, who I wouldn't give to a handler
who isn't a dog person...  But many dogs out there would be fine with
a more reluctant dog person.  That being said, dogs are dogs and will
have behaviors that may take a while to get used to.  But they also
have honest personalities that make them lovable.

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National