[nagdu] Noise at the corner

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Jun 24 13:31:36 UTC 2014

I am having more trouble these days hearing traffic when there are loud
noises around, like an idling truck, a food truck generator, or a bus
zooming off down the street.  I don't know if it's my hearing, or just
that cars are quieter, but there are times I have to wait out a light
change because I just can't tell what's happening.  And, if the noise
isn't going away, I have to take my best guess or wait until someone
happens along who hears me asking for help.  If there was a Miracle Ear
that damped down loud noises and amped up quiet ones, I'd get it.
Surely I can't be the only person with this problem. What do other people do?
Tracy