[nagdu] New Guidedog user

blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 01:46:25 UTC 2014

Hi Elizabeth,
Glad to hear that you'll be getting your dog soon. I am Aleeha Dudley with seeing-eye dog Dallas. There are special toileting harnesses that you can use to make it easier to pick up after your dog, but, I find that, once I got to know my dog, it was very easy for me to know exactly where he went to pick it up. That being said, it may be difficult for you if you have a balance or mobility issue to pick up.
As for presenting, you could put your dog at a stay while laying down to keep him under control. You could also just keep his leash in your hand and heal him with you. Most dogs will stay calm, or you can teach him to sit after you stop.
I hope this helps,
Aleeha and Dallas

Sent from my iPhone