[nagdu] How Do They Know

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Mar 1 17:53:54 UTC 2014

One time, when we were at my sister's godfather's house, we were eating at
the kitchen table with their dog laying  under the table. I dropped a piece
of strawberry, but it was gone long before anyone could pick it up.
As an automatic reaction, my family often says "oops", when we drop
something, including food. The border collie mix figured out this
correlation very quickly to the point that "oops" was more reliable than
"come".
Luckily, Lexia does not scavenge much at all or steal food. She only goes
crazy over greenies.