[nagdu] guide dogs and sprained ankles

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:54:52 UTC 2014

Obedience routines. This creates a way for your dog to still please
you, and a way for him to receive love and affection through praise
and rewards.
Also, you can still play with your dog. Tug, fetch. The golden guy
loves chasing after toys. You could tie one to a string and just drag
or swing it around.
And don't worry, your dog will not become more attached to your
roommate than he is to you. I understand that your relationship is
still relatively new, but just because your roommate takes him out
doesn't mean much. Remember, all good things still come from you --
food, playtime, love and affection, and praise and rewards while
working together. The past nine or how many ever months certainly
won't go down the drain just because you can't handle Dallas and
crutches at once.

On 3/10/14, Aleeha Dudley <blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>      I sprained my ankle while out on a walk today and am now on
> crutches. As a result, I am worried about the bond between myself and
> my dog. Currently, my roommate has to take Dallas out because I can't
> handle him and crutches at the same time. I am wondering if anyone has
> any ideas as to how to keep my bond with Dallas up from a chair
> because I definitely don't want him getting too attached to my
> roommate.
> Thanks,
> Aleeha and Dallas

Raven