[nagdu] Law Regarding Attacks on Service Dogs

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:42:34 UTC 2014

Vivianna,
Its fine to speak your mind here but lets be respectful. If a person is thinking of the safety of their dog, before actually getting the dog, why would this be bad? If a persons neighborhood, rural, urban, or suburban, is not right for that person to have a guide, its the schools job to say so. In this case Danielle has already applied to GEB, she is awaiting a class date. If GEB did not think that all parts of her lifestyle were not right for a guide I am sure they would have said something. Further more, just because there has been alot of discuss on the list about attacks, doesn't mean that all list members are reading those posts. And lastly, being deafblind just means that Danielle will need to do things differently. Its not right to say that because she is deafblind she will be an unfit guide dog handler. There are actually quite a few deafblind persons on this list, who are successful guide dog users. I am on of them.
Be careful what you write, remember to think before you hit the send button. And be respectful.

Thank you,

Marsha drenth, NAGDU List Moderator Sent/ with my IPhone