[nagdu] being visible at night

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Nov 1 02:29:21 UTC 2014

Okay, so, to start, although doing something for your dog is a good idea,
let's start with you first. If you do not have a bright vest for yourself,
you should consider getting one. I do not remember where I got mine, but
they are not that hard to get. If you cannot get one, then at least avoid
dark colors, such as black, dark blue, and dark green. Although they may
look a little different during the day, yellow and orange are good colors.
Now, for your pup... There are several different options. There is some kind
of reflective collar that you can put on over the choke collar. You could
buy one of the bands that are lighted that bikers wear around their ankles
and use it like a collar. A while back, I had two small heart shaped lights
that were on hooks that I could hang on Lexia's collar at night, but the
attachment between the light and the hook was flimsy and it broke. You could
also get reflective tape and wrap around the harness handle. Finally, if you
can find a good one, you might consider buying a dog raincoat that is a
bright color and putting on your dog at night. Some have reflective strips
on them, but, even if they don't, they would at least help with the color,
and it would provide something else on which you could put reflective tape.

Nicole