[nagdu] our efforts with zoos

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 11 13:45:49 UTC 2014

Shannon,

	To get a better idea of what we are doing on  this issue, please
read and share the Harness Up blogpost on this topic at

http://www.harnessup.wordpress.com

	We are working collaboratively with professional zookeepers in order
to address all the issues. We are applying for a grant to develop the
curriculum and, once developed, we will apply for a much larger grant to
implement the curriculum. This project will train all stakeholders from
service animal users to zoo staff and will include systematic
desensitization practices to teach zookeepers how to ensure wild animals do
not respond in a way that is harmful to the collection or the service dog.
The blogpost shares all this information about this project.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)
President at nagdu.org
http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!