[nagdu] How to remove a Tick

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:11:59 UTC 2014

A lot of the advice on this topic makes me cringe. Thane is a chronic multi
system Lyme survivor. He only got ONE tick.

This is an amazing blog site written by a friend who has lived through Lyme
and other co-infections as well as dealt with it in her dogs. I encourage
reading of it especially for those who live in typical tick areas, but be
aware that ticks can go anywhere!
https://aftergadget.wordpress.com/did-you-get-here-by-searching-ticks-lyme-related-info/

I live in Oregon and lets just say I have multiple types of tick tools now.

If you want to learn to do it yourself, fine but PLEASE be informed and
don't do measures that have any potential of leaving the head in your dog.
Many ticks are diseased and can end a working dogs career. This nearly
happened to us.

Karyn and Thane