[nagdu] Musicians with Guide Dogs

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 02:32:01 UTC 2014

I did have a problem with two different directors in church choirs who
didn't want my dogs on stage. The second time it happened, it was the
overall music leader at the church, but the immediate choir director was a
friend, had directed me before and told his boss I wouldn't leave my dog,
and he wouldn't ask me to. No more was said. Years later when the boss left
to do something else, he came to me and apologized and told me he'd learned
a lot. He hadn't believed I could perform with everyone, particularly in
regard to choreography or getting around on stage and all.

As for dress rehearsals, I took my dog to them all and let her lie in the
place where we rehearsed, just not on stage. All the dogs I had through all
the performances did just fine with that. Everyone knew them and she knew
everyone.

Sherry