[nagdu] Using a dog and raising one?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:43:56 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,
Surprise, I have a question!
Upon graduating college this winter, I will be sadly departing West
Michigan for the South. This provides an opportunity for me to be in a
puppy-raising region for GEB, and so I will apply to raise a German
shepherd pup. My question is how on God's green earth have people who
use guide dogs worked out using their dog and socializing a pup? I
understand that in some cases, I could just cane it while I work with
the pup. But there are some instances in which using a cane would not
be ideal for me personally. Areas crowded with furniture or bustling
with people for example.
I also think it would be very interesting to get into a cab or ride
with not one, but two dogs!
Essentially, traveling and navigating are a concern with the additional dog.
Suggestions?
--
Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.