[nagdu] Class minus 2

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Oct 25 14:33:26 UTC 2014

These are my "journal" entries.  I'll put "class" in the subject, so, if you
aren't interested, just whack that old delete key.  One of the things I
liked about Gary Steve's journal was that he said both good and bad, so I'll
try to not just say the roses and sunshine parts.  That is, if I have time
to keep up this journal, as many people of good intentions find they can't.

My husband cracked me up yesterday, putting Ben into a Prudential retirement
commercial we hear all the time.  "Today is the first day of Ben's
retirement. 'I always wanted to sniff everything I pass, and maybe pee on
it, and now I can!'"

Ben's not retired yet, but only a couple days left.  We visited several
local stores yesterday, getting stuff I'll need for the trip.  I told some
owners who'd always been very fond of Ben that he was retiring, and a couple
said he'd still be welcome any time, retired or not.  I think he'd enjoy
visiting them once in a while, hanging out and meeting new ladies.  Ben has
always been a ladies' man.

He's been working real well, and I was wondering if I was jumping the gun
retiring him, but yesterday he was very slow.  Also, it's been cold and
damp, and he's been making noises when he lies down or shifts position, so
maybe he's feeling a bit stiff.  It will be good for him not to lie on bus
floors or hang out at cold bus stops.  It's good to have indications that
I'm doing the right thing.

I was totally stressed earlier this week, but now I'm OK.  Maybe I used all
the stress in me, for a while.
Tracy