[nagdu] Dog sneaking and getting on Counters

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 00:49:58 UTC 2014

Danielle,

Taking away her freedom is the only way, unless you can get the others who
live in your home to comply with stringent dog proofing. My beloved recently
deceased retired dog had the worst house manners I've ever experienced with
any of my dogs. She was a fabulous smart careful worker in her days, but
that intelligence also led her into much mischief at home, because her busy
little brain was always looking for something to do. I'm not the sort to
have the patience or desire in my home to keep my dog constantly on leash or
crated. So, I learned dog proofing. And Bianca always found something new.
Even in the last year, when she was too old to be able to jump on counters,
she found something she could do, shredding toilet paper rolls. So the rolls
got removed from their spindles and placed up on counter tops next to the
toilet,  because Bianca couldn't jump up there anymore. It may be something
your dog grows out of eventually, or it may be something you have to be
aware of all her life. It can be frustrating, believe me, I know all too
well, but it can also be manageable if you want to put in the time and
patience to deal with it. Please feel free to ask for help if you ever need
to.

Sherry
sherriola at gmail.com