[nagdu] Sweden [was: Uber sued for allegedly refusing rides to the blind andputting a dog in the trunk]

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:43:40 UTC 2014

BS"D

Danielle,

Fatmir and I are both from Sweden so I'll answer your question. In Sweden, the majority of guide dogs are owned by the Swedish Association of the Visually Impaired - SRF. New guide dog owners apply for a guide dog through their Low Vision Centre which send the application to SRF. SRF's guide dog instructors make a home visit to the applicant and decide if the applicant would become a good guide dog owner, if 'yes', the applicant is invited to an Information course, often four days, where he/she gets information about guide dogs and gets to walk with different dogs. If the instructors and applicant think that he/she would become a good owner etc, the applicant gets a dispotion right and the instructors start to look after the right dog. Generally, we don't get the chance to walk with the dog before the Basic course 1 and they don't have any other dogs if the first dog don't work out during training. I hope this cleared it up a little bit, and please, excuse my bad grammar, spelling and punctation, it's election day today so I'm watching the telly whilst writing this.

LeSholom,
Leye-Shprintse and Hera <3