[nagdu] Why I decided not to owner train.

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Sep 21 16:51:37 UTC 2014

	I am not an owner trainer, but I disagree. From what I know, most if
not all of the schools monitor the handlers to some degree. What exactly
that means and the consequences for not doing what the school wants vary
from school to school. GDB sends a field rep every year and wants an annual
report from the vet. Do I mind. No, especially since either there are no
problems or we agree when there are problems. Would this bother some people?
Yes, it would. Some people want to get a dog from a school and then never
talk to the school again. The term "Big Brother" seems to be thought of as
implying extreme monitoring and control, but, JMHO, it applies in even the
most minor cases. So, there is some degree of "Big Brother" regardless of
the school; it just depends on what level you are willing to accept.

Nicole