[nagdu] Why I decided not to owner train.

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:36:13 UTC 2014

Wow, you are so right! Our household was sent into topsy-turvy
mode the day Neena came home.  My retired guide is quiet, very
laid back, obedient most of the time.  Our cat is 16 months old,
still an adolescent himself, and a rescue cat at that, so he's a
very laid-back quiet cat, unless he isn't.  (Smile).  So this
young bouncy, joyful dog came bursting into the life of our
house.  She is much better but there are times when she blows my
mind.  A year from now, she will be a totally different dog,
though I know she'll have relapses into goofy Goldenness.  She's
my fourth Golden and I just can't help myself, I just love them,
even when they try my patience.  Like today at lunch.  I walked
in to the break room at work, and over to a table to join a
friend of mine.  Suddenly Neena was attempting to grab something
off the table.  She got a sharp reminder about how that's against
the rules.  Lol.  Fortunately my friend is okay with dogs, and
Neena didn't get anything she shouldn't, much to her
disappointment, and she got in trouble besides.  I don't think it
turned out to be worth it.  She'll be good about that now for a
few days, then she'll go backward and do it again.  Sigh.  But
eventually this too shall pass.  She's lying here on our deck
snoring.    Peace,    Debby and Neena