[nagdu] Labrador noises

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Sep 29 17:12:07 UTC 2014

There's a noise labradors make that people call a moo or a moan.  Me, I call
it roo-roo.  Anyway, Ben used to not make that noise much at all, but lately
he makes it quite a bit, like when he lies down, or sometimes while he's
lying down.  I'm trying to figure out if it means something or not.  Is it
just an old dog thing, like me saying Oof sometimes when I sit down?  Or
does it mean his arthritis is bothering him?  Or does it mean something
else?  I wish dogs could say "Gosh I'm stiff today," or whatever.  I'm
giving him an extra glucosamine pill, just in case.  I just can't figure out
what the rooooo means, if anything.
Ben is my second old dog, but, of course, they're all different and my
experience doesn't seem to count for much.
Anyone with old dog experience have a thought?
Tracy