[nagdu] Pulling!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 21 17:35:25 UTC 2015

Hello!
Just got back from Toronto this past weekend, and I am a bit concerned about Jenny's propensity for pulling.  On Sunday, I was walking with some friends, and for an hour or so she just was NOT focused, not listening.  I got her to sit, sometimes for over a minute at a stretch, then she would just pull super hard when we started to get going again.  This resulted in my getting frustrated, her pulling harder, and around and around we went.  I know part of this is my fault - she'd spent the previous weekend basically crammed into bleachers for hours on end watching goalball, and I left her Halti in the hotel room - but I'm still a bit rattled by this.

This is quite unusual for her, and she reset herself quite quickly after she realized that I was NOT going to tolerate her behavior, but would love any pointers for the next couple weeks until I meet up with an instructor and hopefully get a shorter harness handle.

Thanks!

Daryl