[nagdu] Dog ownership in other areas of the world

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 20:51:48 UTC 2015

I wonder how many instructors truly believe that retaining ownership
is the answer to all the problems. I find it a little disconcerting
that an instructor would complain about students being incompetent and
not feeling gratitude. I wonder if there is a correlation between low
expectations of the instructor and poor handling practices by the
student(s) he/she taught. After all, if you don't truly believe
someone is competent and self-reliant, you would most likely
concentrate more on their faults as something that should be expected,
rather than feeling a responsibility to assist this person in
improving their weaknesses. I'm not sure this makes any sense, but it
was something that came to mind while reading this thread. I attended
GDF, which does in fact provide unconditional ownership, so I can't
truly speak to the attitudes of instructors from programs without this
policy.

Danielle, Thai, and Bonnie (GDF puppy in training)