[nagdu] I gotta go out

Jennifer Woods jenn.purplepuppy2 at icloud.com
Sun Aug 9 00:15:06 UTC 2015

Why do they put the dogs back in the kennels instead of having them continue to stay with the puppy raiser?

On Aug 8, 2015, at 12:26 PM, Raven Tolliver via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Debby,
Agreed.
Also remember that these dogs lose 60% of their house training while
they live in the kennels. In the kennels, the dogs don't have to
notify anyone that they need to relieve. They are on an extremely
strict schedule. They are relieved and fed at the same times everyday
for 4 to 6 months. So even if puppy-raisers taught the dogs a way to
signify that they need to go out, there's high probability they won't
retain the behavior.

Puppy-raisers do a lot of great work, but it is impossible for these
dogs to come out of the kennels the same dogs they were when they
entered. Sometimes, these changes are easily reversible, and other
times, they're permanent, but might be better on some days than
others.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs