[nagdu] revisiting dogs and ambulances

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 29 09:21:25 UTC 2015

Hi, all,
I always keep saying I don't want to see another ambulance again, but yesterday, Odie and I ended up for the thirtyith time seeing it.
I just took Odie out for relieving and then planned on heading back upstairs to feed him his snack.
Unfortunately, we didn't make it back up to the apartment.
Another blind individual using a cane came back in for some unknown reason.
He stood by the hand sanitiser box for a few minutes while Odie and I were waiting in front of the buttons for the elevators.
Next thing I knew, the same individual ran into me really hard, causing me to lose my ballance and I went down on my back, hitting the back of my head amongst everything else.
During this mess, Odie tried to catch me so I wouldn't hit the glass window or crash into a trash can.
I founced off of him and was completely down, losing my grip on his leash.
Thankfully, he stuck around.
He sure did let the other blind person have it as he spun around and glared to express his unhappiness.
Needless to say, the fire department and paramedics came and again, back on the stretcher I went.
Odie is also now wearing an honorary Denver Health Paramedic sticker on his orange vest.
On the way to the hospital three blocks away from my home, the ambulance began smoking.
Odie was the one who alerted to the problem.
I told our paramedic team they had someone in the back to thank.
They asked me who and I told them Odie.
He saved all three of us in time before the ambulance would have had a chance to end up on fire completely.
Koodos to Odie for an awesome job.
On a happy note, canine partner or I had any trouble with the paramedics this time.
I did call and give their supervisor a thank you and asked him to please pass it on to the medics that helped me and respected Odie with great dignity.
Although there will be some awesome and wonderful, caring paramedics, there's always going to be a handful of some that just aren't considerate and really don't care.
*Smiles*
I will be all right and can make it.
Odie knows it in his black labrador heart too.
Bibi and MAR son Odie