[nagdu] Dealing With The Heat

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 29 10:20:11 UTC 2015

Hi Elise,

in June, we had such a heat wave over here and we live at the coast of the
baltic, so we also aren't used to it at all either.

During those very hot days, Taylor, who is normal a very active and
energetic dog, was much quieter than usual. He did not want to play and just
laid on the cold floor most of the time. You should make sure there's a
place in your house where Becky can cool down, so no carpet on the floor or
anything, I think most dogs find those spots quickly. I did not let Taylor
free run during those days because I was worried he'd forget about the heat,
run around like crazy and then be too hot.
And you should make sure you're not walking on hot concrete with your dog
because they can burn their feet easily on it.

I also fed Taylor some ice cream but that was just a treat and not
neccessary. It was fun anyway. I froze berries, apple, banana and cucumber
along with water and then let him lick the cube.

Oh, I'm so glad fall is around the corner here now!

Lisa