[NAGDU] TSA Pat Downs wasL Materials for Canes

Morgan Leland morganland at me.com
Tue Dec 15 00:13:03 UTC 2015

This is exactly my experience, David! P.S. I grew up in the Clearwater/St. Pete area! Give the beach a hug for me the next time you are there.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 14, 2015, at 12:46 PM, David via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:

We've had a couple of arguments with TSA in Atlanta where they wanted me to let go of the leash.  I just extend it on a sit/stay and after I'm through call her to me.  I then hold her jowls while they pat her down.  The discussion has been around whether they needed to pat me down, because I held her leash even though I didn't beep.  I have prevailed each time, but it takes extra time and if you have a spent a lot of time going to the relieving area way at the end of the building, it can get a bit dicey making a connection.  Their needs to be better TSA training, especially in Atlanta, but if you request a Personal Services Agent the process goes very smoothly.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL