[nagdu] Guide dog seminars or camps

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 22:29:16 UTC 2015

Becky dear, please take this in the manner to which I'm sending
it.  I don't think it's a great idea to have someone else walk
with a dog, mine or otherwise, who has never done it before.
First of all, you set yourself up to be sued.  (I know, I know,
you think it wouldn't happen).  But all that needs to happen is
for that person to fall walking with your dog and BAM, you're
being sued.  You think I'm cynical? N.  I just know human nature,
and lately I don't like what I know.  Okay, second, I think it
could be an anxiety-producing thing for a dog to guide someone
else.  I'm not talking about what you and Kevin do.  That's
between the two of you.  But I remember being at an ACB
convention once and this lady wanted us to trade dogs for awhile
so she could see how my dog worked.  Our two dogs started
growling at each other.  They did NOT like that one bit.
Sometimes the schools bring dogs so that people can experience
working a dog, and that's a whole different thing.  You are a
sweet, trusting person Becky, but I wouldn't let somebody else
(except maybe your husband) walk with your dog.  JMO and cuz I
love you.    God bless,    Debby