[nagdu] Snow snow and more snow

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 15 18:53:15 UTC 2015

Mark,
Tracy has already recommended the PAWZ boots to you, and I will second this recommendation.  They are not overly warm, so if it is cold enough your dog will still feel cold, but it does keep a barrier between the icy roads and sidewalks and your dog's paws, which IMHO is what most dogs want anyways.  Jenny refused to wear anything thicker than the PAWZ boots, so they work great for us!

As for the wet dog smell, do you have a jacket for your dog?  I put a light jacket on Jenny for days where it is snowing, but also on days when it is melting, because she can kick up a lot of water; this avoids most of the wet dog smell.  Also, do you carry a towel with you?  If you are taking a bus or train, having your dog sit on it will help; with all the snow you guys are getting, people are likely tracking it everywhere from their boots to the bus floor.  Jenn is such a princess that she refuses to sit down on a wet bus floor if I don't put a towel down...

Thankfully, with all of this, I almost never get a wet-dog smell that lasts longer than it takes to towel her down.

Hope this helps!

Daryl